Skincare is one of those topics I feel quite interested in. I’m a firm-believer that if you can spend 30+ minutes putting on your makeup, the least you can do for your skin is take the same amount of time cleansing and taking care of it. No matter how busy I am, I always try to make time to give my skin the proper pampering it needs. So after giving it much thought, I thought I’d make a post on my skincare routine and on tips and products I feel everyone should at least try.
For starters, my skin is sensitive. Very sensitive; always having to be careful with what products I use or how often I use them, so my skincare routine hardly varies. I’m not one who tends to be very consistent on most aspects of my life, but skincare is the exception.
- Clinique Take the Day Off Make-Up Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips: To start of my makeup removal, I soak three cotton pads to wipe-off any eye-makeup or stubborn lip product. This easily removes any waterproof or wear-resistant product without having to scrub harshly which can cause skin damage.
- Banila Co. Clean It Zero Balm: This has been one of my latest purchases and it has become one of my favorite products. It has a solid balm texture, almost like coconut oil but when it comes in contact with water, it transforms into a silky oil that rinses off effortless; melting every last bit of product, without leaving that icky feeling some oil cleanser leave behind.
- La Roche-Posay Hydrating Gentle Soap-Free Cleanser: I’m a firm believer and advocate of double cleansing. So after I finish rinsing off the residue left from the Clean It Balm, I lather this into my skin, using circular motions to massage the skin. On days when I want something a bit more deep-cleansing, I grab my handy-dandy Clarisonic and use it alongside this product.
- La Roche-Posay Miscellar Water Ultra: To guarantee a clean face, free of any dirt or impurities, once I’m done cleaning I like to go back with a soaked-cotton pad and apply across my face. It leaves the skin feeling fresh and clear, without it feeling dried out. It’s alcohol free. No parabens or colorants. In other words, completely safe for sensitive skin.
- Moisturizer: Here comes the tricky part. I have three moisturizers I swear by for different reasons, each catering to different skin situations I may encounter; all wonderful for their distinct reasons.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel: First off we have one for when my skin isn’t feeling all that dry. Personally, I tend to use this one more in the morning as it provides just the right amount of moisture under my makeup but if your skin is more on the oily side, you can use this one as a nightly moisturizer. Remember! Even oily skin should kept moisturized.
- Avene Trixéra Nutrition Nutri-Fluid Balm: Now this is a moisturizer I grab on days when my skin is feeling extra dry. My dermatologist recommended it to me a couple years ago and I swear by it. It’s extremely rich and can hydrate even the driest skin. My favorite aspect of this product is that it is suitable for not only your face but also for your body! (I realized I included the wrong picture for it, oops!)
- PONDS Dry Skin Cream: Now this item will always hold a special place in my heart. Growing up, I remember watching my great-grandmother carefully pat her face before going to bed with this, emphasizing the importance of maintaining your skin hydrated and well taken care of. It’s suitable for sensitive skin and is very inexpensive and can be found at your local drugstore.
- NIA24 Eye Repair Complex: Your eyes are something you can never neglect, and although I learned that a bit late, I now know the importance of a good eye-cream. This is my favorite so far; delivering just what it promised. It helps de-puff tired eyes and helps smooth any fine lines.
- Sheet Masks: Last but certainly not least, sheet masks! This is honestly my favorite part of my whole skincare routine. I don’t stick to a specific brand with sheet masks; usually just grabbing one that caters to my skin problem at the moment. Tip: pop one of them in the refrigerator for a couple minutes before applying and it’s life changing. The cooling sensation feels so nice on your skin.
Hope you enjoyed this peek at my nightly skin routine. Until next time~!
– Ashley xX